Start Fresh in 2018! 6 Tips to kickstart your year!
January is a great time to set goals, re-focus and plan to rock 2018!
Here are a few great tips:
1. Join a new club at school/university. You’ll meet new people, try something new and have fun. It’s also a good way to network with people you normally wouldn’t hang out with.
2. Set goals! Goals should be SMART - Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time Bound. Set milestones (mini-goals) along the way, so that you can celebrate small successes.
3. Take care of your finances. Budget, and know where your money is going – and then make little steps to spend less/keep more. Maybe you can live without a Salted Caramel Mocha every day? $5 may not seem a lot of money, but that’s $35 a week, $140 per month, $1825 for the year! And 340 calories to boot!
4. Be mindful. Allocate a few minutes each day to take time out, or do a yoga class once a week. There are a few great apps out there as well for guided meditation (Headspace is a personal favourite). It’s a great way to manage stress, and find the balance in your life.
5. Exercise more. It doesn’t need to be extreme – get out for a walk every day – even if only for half an hour. Fresh air can boost your immune system, energize you and is a great way to clear the mind.
6. Indulge your travel bug. Studies show that travel makes you a happier person, as well as opening up your eyes to different cultures, and giving you a broader perspective of the world. Studying, working or internships abroad are also great selling points on your resumé. Check out study or travel fairs in your area, such as the Spring Study and Go Abroad Fair.
Study and Go Abroad Fairs